New to case modding, anything i need to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyRomanian

Baseband Member
I am looking to build a new computer but dont want to spend AU$200+ on a flashy case cos i just dont have the money. If i buy a cheap plain case is there anything i need to know before i start cutting holes in it and adding fans and neons?

just buy a cheap generic case.... if ur wanting to mod it just get a flat front, no bevels or anythiong or moddin shall prove a *****

meh

If you want to cut a window in your case make sure you tape it off GOOD! also depending on what the case you buy is made out of. Plastic cases are a neg just stick with aluminum. To cut it just use a dremel or a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade. neon is very simple. to get the best effect try and find a case with some kind of holes or grating on the side panel of it. Looks so awesome. Fans are simple too. If the noise doesnt bother you, you can stick to the cheapy ones like pc toys good website www.xoxide.com
But if you want the really quiet ones stick with the good name brands vantec, antec, ect.ect.ect

if you buy a cheap case you can have a good mess around with it and if you dont like the finished product buy another one and use your newly learnt skills on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom