New Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsoul

In Runtime
Well forget my last post because I'm going to get a new case. This old one is frustrating the **** out of me. Things I'm looking for are:
-Bottom mount PSU with vent below PSU for fresh air intake
-top mount fan (case doesn't neet to come with one, but must accommodate one)
-rear mount fan
-1, preferably 2, front fans
-cable management (hideaway)
-a front door would be nice because my cd/dvd drives are dif. colors haha
-in reference to fans, i would like negative air system while pulling air in with fan.
-I don't want a side fan because it may get in way of sunbeam core-contact HSF

Sound like i am looking for the right things? Anything else i should look for/anything i said not as big of a deal as i am making it? I plan on buying a Standard ATX mobo so it must support that. Also being as I didn't intend on buying a case, the budget is rather small. I'm looking for a miracle here. I have been looking at cases on newegg for about 45min-1hour now, and have found a couple that come close to meeting all my requirements, none that meet them all. I may be asking too much. Help is appreciated

Thanks for the help, and I know i'm being picky and with my budget i'm not allowed to be picky, but the Raidmax got a lot of bad reviews for damaged on delivery and I would prefer not to deal with flimsy plastic parts knowing me i'd break them if it didn't show up broken. The cooler master doesn't have top mount fan and that is one thing i am dead set on having. It probably has sufficient cooling through the 7 possible fan locations, but I would like top mount. And the Antecs don't have cable management.

If a case doesn't come with the vent below the PSU, I could easily drill some holes there for it wouldn't I? Because i think i saw a case or 2 that was missing only that. It may sound trivial, but the way I think is that if a case has bottom mount psu, it should have somewhere for the psu to pull air from. to have psu intake fan nearly flush against bottom of case would seem counter productive to me.
Updated req. list:
-Bottom mount PSU (with vent or if drilling is an ok idea then it doesn't need vent)
-accommodate top mount fan
-cable management

figured i would get rid of req's that aren't as important to me. I don't care about color, led's, tooless design.

I feel like i'm being a nit-picking twit about this. Good news is I got my family to go along with the idea of X-mas presents being ASUS M4A79 Deluxe AM3/AM2+/AM2 790FX, CORSAIR 550VX, and maybe a mid-range GPU. So i might be able to drop a couple bucks on a halfway decent case, just that new CPU and RAM will have to wait.
Prospects:
Coolermaster Gladiator 600 seems to meet req's but doesn't look too nice
Coolermaster Haf 922
Lian Li Lancool PC-K58W Looks promising. has everything i wanted. Just need to buy a fan for the top. From what I've seen, Lian li seems to have a decent reputation. This look like a good buy?

on a bottom mounted PS case you usually put the fan facing up and it gets the fresh air from the other case fans, I have a Antech 200 and it's almost the same case as the 300 but you are right about the cable management, Have not transferred my system from the old case yet but it is much better than my old case for the wires just not great is all. However cooling is good with 4 120mm and the 140 on top.

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom