new to building pc's need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

drprince89

Solid State Member
Well i want to build a pc i know it sounds like a long time but i will have enough money for a mobo, processor, hd, and memory for february 16thish, id sell my laptop because its outdate but i decided i want to keep it. So i need you guys' help to help me get the perfect parts.

I plan the base to be this soyo motherboard with this proccessor bundle:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...7027&CatId=1181

what do you think will be the life span for this proccessor? Im really into graphics design but i love gaming and id rather have my pc built around gaming than built around graphics and have sucky gaming. I know its not 64 bit but i cant afford a fx-53

im planning on getting 2 512 sticks of ddr ram need advice on that

Im getting a 200gb hd i think its enough for now at least if not ill get another

Im getting a video card maybe for summer since i cant afford it all together.

Also i plan to get a thermaltake case since they look cool and leave a lot of room for expandability.

As for cd roms i plan on getting a multiformat dvd rw and another cdrw/cdrom so ill have two cd roms for quick burning.

I already posted this in the wrong section, but anyway hi guys im new here.

welcome to TF!.. yea tell us what you want to use the computer for and we'll set ya up bud.

To get you started off, if you will be gaming a lot, dump the Intel. AMD is the gaming CPU you want, not Intel.

"Im getting a video card maybe for summer since i cant afford it all together"

Either get it all now, or wait till you can afford it all together. It's not a good idea to wait, even like a month, for one part.

Yea sorry i thought i mentioned it i want an amd 64 just like in the link i was talking to someone yesterday that can get me an asus mobo for about 80 dollars, and im building around gaming but with enough juice for graphics.

If you dont have loads of cash get an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and OC it to XT Speeds, you will be better off for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom