new build for oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naked

Baseband Member
Hi, I just bought all the parts and would like some input on how good my chances are of hitting 4.0 GHz...

Mobo: Asus P5LD2-VM
CPU: P4 640 3.2 GHz 2M L2 Cache
GPU: e-VGA 6800 256Mb PCI-e
Mem: OCZ Gold DDR2 667 1GB Dual Channel kit (4-4-4-8)
HDD: Maxtor SataII 250GB 16M Cache NCQ
PSU: Coolermaster RS-450-ACLY 450W
HSF: TT Big Typhoon
1 intake and 2 exhaust 50mm fans in a mid-tower

:(.

Not that great. The power supply isn't great for Ocing and You should have water Cooling if you really want to overclock, such as you do.

Well let me rephrase that, you may hit 4 Ghz, just not stable.

yes you could proubly do it, but do this first open up 3dmark05. and click details under system specs, and read your internal clock maximum. that actually tells you what the chip was before intel locked the multiplier and obviously sold it as a slower chip. but a while ago my brother was running a 2.8p4 and 3dmrk05 read his as internal clock maximum of 3.6ghz, which is actually what he ran that chip at for a while now before he sold it. and a friend of his had a 2.6ghz p4 which read internal clock maximum of 3.2ghz very strange. and whats really weird, my cpu reads internal clock maximum of 3.2ghz not 3200 3.2ghz very strange. and yes i knw its physically inpossible o hit that speed with my chip lol. but 3dmark05 will tell you what your chip really is.
LIKE STE WAS SAYING YOU WILL HAVE HEAT PROBLEMS, BUT TRY IT ANYWAY AND MAY I RECOMEND ARTIC SILV 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom