New Audio ONLY computer(help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS, Studio Sound cards, now thats expensive. If your getting a Studio Sound card, then you might as well throw in a Intel EE.

Well my dad would like me to build him a computer for his audio work only.
This kind of work "audio work" is called producing and requires a good soundcard.

For around 500$, you can get yourself a decent card for this kinda work.

mike11973, 69 C is not an out standing temp. For OC thats a fearful temp, but those processors are made to run with those temps That was just a forum. You dont know what kind of case nor cooling system he has. AMD64 130nm have the same temps with stock cooling. I suggested a good heatsink and CPU Fan. If his temp were 69c, then they would drop to around 45c with the heatsink/CPU Fan i suggested. Theirs nothing wrong with the 775 Intels.

I dont ever remember saying that it was a good temp?...when did I? The whole point of this was just to prove that they do run hot. I do agree with the one being just a forum...you are correct...but then again what about this article? Either way its all good. I have just read a few other forums with people talking about how hot they tend to run and agreed with them that they do run hot. You are correct with the intel's being better suited for this P.C. by the way...I did do some more checking and found you to be correct in that matter.

I dont know if I can agree with the statement about the only advantages of a powermac g5 being in the software b/c the benches clearly showed me otherwise. Also from the processor on they are supposed to have less bottleneck's. Either way he is NOT getting an Apple so it doesnt matter anyways.

comrad said:
And Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHZ (get the Northwood dont get the prescott, my bro has one and it overheats like crazy[55*C])

I wouldent spend any money on those Northwoods. Get a prescott. Also the best cooling you can get without water cooling, is using the stock Intel HSF, with the high perf. thermal pad.

Why would you pay more money for an older chip, with a smaller L2 cache and smaller pipeline?

LOL!! Your saying that the 'Best' they can get besides water cooling is the 'Stock Intel HSF' with a high performance thermal pad!!??

Ok:)

I dont know if I can agree with the statement about the only advantages of a powermac g5 being in the software b/c the benches clearly showed me otherwise. Also from the processor on they are supposed to have less bottleneck's. Either way he is NOT getting an Apple so it doesnt matter anyways. [/B]

It isnt the only advantage, but with Pro Tools and Logic 6 being mac only, their the 2 best programs for studio's hands down. This gives mac the advantage.

I see DJ-CHRIS....thanks.

uzi9mm can you please post a link to the trials on Toms hardware for me to see....not that I doubt what you are saying....I just dont get how aftermarket hsf companies are selling any units with what you are saying.

Thanks-
Mike

hmmm....thanks for the vid....the only thing about the test was that he only used the box hsf and basically did a test with it and the thermal pad that comes on it or it with some off brand thermal paste. It would be cool to see it against a good DIY like a thermalright using as5. Also in the conclusion it stated to unly use intel mobo's as well....kinda sounds like a way to push consumers towards only intel producs if they choose to go the intel route. Either way thanks for the link and I fully understand where you are coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom