new amd 6000+ cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

06Skywalker

In Runtime
hi guys,

bought a 6000+ second hand, bought the chip bare with no heat sink or fan, i don't plan on over clocking it so what do you think i should use to cool her down?

i currently have a 4600+ and i don't think this would be sufficient as the 6000+ has a much higher wattage, any opions are great.

im not looking to spend alot, but if it means lower temps which in turn mean longer life i would consider it.

thanks

The CoolerMaster Hyper TX2 actually did a very nice job on my AMD X2 6400+ Black Edition while it was installed.. I eventually moved to a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme with 2 120mm SilenX fans and then to a CoolerMaster V8 Beta unit.. For the price ($15-25), the TX2 is a great cooler..

The Sunbeam is nice, especially the different mounting position.. That's one of the reasons I looked to replace my Ultra 120 Extreme.. On an AM2 board, the fans point up/down instead of towards the front/back.. But, the Sunbeam also can't use aftermarket fans, which is a HUGE negative in my book.. The fan that comes with the unit is loud and there are much better performing fans out there..

The Sunbeam is nice, especially the different mounting position.. That's one of the reasons I looked to replace my Ultra 120 Extreme.. On an AM2 board, the fans point up/down instead of towards the front/back.. But, the Sunbeam also can't use aftermarket fans, which is a HUGE negative in my book.. The fan that comes with the unit is loud and there are much better performing fans out there..

why wouldnt it, it looks like it has just the regular fan wire things, jsut toss a new 120 fan in there, or just zip tie one.

The shaping of the Sunbeam fan is a bit different.. The backside of the fan is slightly "curved" to seat properly on the heatsink.. I think someone who left a feedback on NewEgg even mentions this.. I found out myself the hard way.. :/

I'm guessing this 2nd-hand 6000+ is the 125w version, and not the newer 89w version.. Even so, my 6400+ Black Edition is 125w, and like I said, the TX2 did a nice job.. CoolerMaster has some newer products that do an even better job with these high-wattage CPUs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom