network media pc - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Default network media pc

Got a new tv in my living room so i decided too put old 37' vizio with DVI/VGA hookup in my garage. After i did that i realized how nice it would be to access my media in the garage so i can watch/play media while iam in the garage thus i came up with this build. I started to dig in my closet of computer junk and tried a few mobos out to see if they fit.
The only small one i had was a hewlett packard p5266a from a HP 7915. 256mb 1.1ghz celeron was plenty IMO for itunes and wmp. Iam just starting to mock everything up and then i ran into my first hurdle, the power switch. the mobo has been sitting around for over 8 years, but i managed to find a connector that was from the same model of pc but didnt have the switch part of it(somehow got ripped or torn out of case idk). Ive tried to use a jumper, screwdriver, other case switch but nothing seems to work. Ive got it to turn on somehow with a combination of removing the cmos battery and unplugging the psu. That was mostly a fluke and has only worked twice. Iam curious if the DC has anything to do with completing the circuit.

I got really impatience with my camera so the focus is jacked sorry (made diagram for better understanding)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (66.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_11321.jpg (72.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_11341.jpg (89.7 KB, 20 views)
Closed Thread