Needs some help overclocking..almost there.. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Talking Needs some help overclocking..almost there..

Ok so a long time ago, before I sold allllll of my things, I had my brisbane with 2gb of G skill (nq) at 3.1 ghz.

Now. I have 4 gb gskill, and I can only get my brisbane to 2.8!

I have a few questions..

1) How can I get this baby higher? I'm at 1.4v, but the temps that are being read say that they are 38C IDLE. Is that bad?

2)Well for awhile I accepted the fact that I can't get any higher, so I want to make the most of my speed... I am able to increase teh HT multiplier from 3x, to 4x with no errors.. will I see an increase in performance with this?

3)My ram is at 667 at the moment.. will lowering my timing increase my performance? I'm at 2.1v at the moment.. I hear these sticks can go to 2.2v...

Thats pretty much all the questions I have.. Help would be GREATLY appreciated.. I'll be on this thread actively, so expect a quick reply after you reply.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Re: Needs some help overclocking..almost there..

And can anyone tell my my Ram divider ratio? Im at 4x HT multi, with 667 ram..
i dont understand how the ratio thingy works..
Closed Thread