need urgent help...temps keep rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I just removed my graphic card, took out the screwed wiped out what was on the gpu. And then i applic arctic silver 5 on it...i read the instructions so i applied like a dot on the middle of it.

Put my card back in and turned on my pc.
I notice my pc temps start at 60. and then kept going up.
It went all the way upto 84.

It usually stays between 55-60...so i opened up the case and i now have my tower fan right infront of it...and the temps have gone down...its down to 50 right now.

What did i do wrong?

Hello,

Is this the system in your sig?

So your temps were lower before you re-pasted your GPU?

the paste i applied was lthe size of a small tiny bead. Do i have to apply more -less and do i have to spread it myself or does that happen automatically?

And after you guys let me know ill take out my card and try re-screwing it

well before the idle use to be 55-60 and on load 70-80

But now it just keeps rising on idle...i just took out the card re did the screwes...
i think i figured it out though.
My case is open and i looked at the fan the gfx card has and it is not moving...is that problem? what did i do that busted it?

TURN OFF THE COMP!!! Plug the fan back in. Without a fan, the GFX card will die really fast. Thats like committing suicide. Its like scuba diving with a tank but no mouthpiece.

lol...
sorry, that was funny but yeh...
the fan is attached to the card but its not working...i have a manual fan right next to the card now which is keeping the temps around 50 now.
the wires are connected. Ill just re try it then.
I guess ill post back when im done.
Thanks for helping

aw man. Still doesnt work.
How delicate are these fans...i barely touched it the whole time. It was kinda sliipery to nail the fan back onto the card.
Is it the tiny wire attached to the fan that makes the fan work?
Ill try again once more time but if it fails...
what options to i have.
my mobo onboard graphics died out so im screwed withough the card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom