NEED UR Opinion!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

docHoLLida¥

Solid State Member
So far this is my list, tell me your opinions please.

Amd 64 3500+ Venice 939
Asus A8n-sli deluxe board
bfg 6800gtoc 256
WD 74gb 10,000rpm hard drive
any ideas if i should get a back up drive...what brand?? And will 2 hard drives make the temps real high?? So maybe a external drive??Let me know
Dont know about ram. What should i get that awesome for about 150$
Neo power 480
Cooler Master CAV-T01

TELL ME WHAT U THINK, THIS IS MY FIRST BUILD AND DONT PLAN ON OVERCLOCKING
Thanks!!;)

2 Hdd's shouldnt run too hot, I dont really pay attention to heat problems with mine. The one that you can do if they get too hot, is buy a cooler for them. External drives just cost more for more convinience. if that is what you want. The Ram? OCZ Gold series $145 I believe, good for overclocking and stable performance, not to mention it's very fast.

Also, if you plan on any serious overclocking go for a DFi board, if not you can stick with the Asus. Although some people on here have complained about issue's with that board, it's good for stock use. Perhaps MSI boards if you are looking for a good median. You might want to push the Power Supply to 500 watt's but it should still run on a 480.

MSI, ABIT, Chaintech are all decent for AMD. There are more, but don't go with asus just yet.

BTW alot of people on here will complain about Asus...the fact is they are good wether they like it or not, just some boards are buggy.

When it comes to ram what about Corsair?? I here mixed reviews all the time. Another question what is unbuffered ram. And what about corsair xms series is that stuff any good.

ty Guru!I think i will be keeping everything stock. What ideas about monitors too, I here viewsonics are really nice and im lookin for 19' crt.

SOME MORE OPINIONS PLEASE!!!

hey guru what do u mean buggy??

Corsair XMS is good but it has slightly lower timings thus those hardcore overclockers won't be getting as much of a jump as they would on the OCZ. I have heard they have some issues about XMS, so I too have seen some mixed ideas on them. If you won't be overclocking then you might want to stick with ValueRAM from kingston or something along those lines. Unbuffered ram doesnt fix errors like ECC does, however it runs slower and there really arent problems with RAM. Just about everyone sticks with unbuffered, it's faster and reliable.

I own this monitor and some others on here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001166

It is probably the most sharp image because of the .20mm pitch. Sometimes some horizontal lines come up with me, but my monitor is faulty and I am sending for a new one. It's a great buy despite those things, alot of people use them for gaming and performance things.

upgrade that memory

ok dude first off u should go for some good memory to be popped in the mobo.. go with a good dual channel kit 1 gig that u can run at 2 cas latency. i mean good memory so u can run it at super low timings while overclocked. but if ur not a overclocker with memory then just go with some pc3200 dual channel 1 gig kit at caslatency 2 should speed up your gamin and your memory bandwidth should be hitting over 5.5 or around that i belive. but maye 6 gig a second overclocked lol but to test it download everest its awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom