In need of thin fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbalz

Baseband Member
Recently I purchased a laptop. I plan on overclocking it, but need it to run slightly cooler. I want a fan built in to the desk it sits on, blowing upward at the bottom of the laptop. This fan needs to be as thin as possible, I'm hoping 3 inches thick or less. It also needs to plug in to the wall for power and not draw from the laptop. I've been shoping for one all day but can't find anything worthy, was hoping someone here might have an idea for me?

I need it to be thin because I am thinking of taking the idea to a custom 'bed-desk' with a fan built in to the breakfast-in-bed type laptop desk. Also hoping for a fan not larger than 8 inches diameter. Even several small fans would be great.

Thanks.

get a chill pad or something like that :|

ohhh yea, what brand laptop do you have? if it's anyone like dell/hp..don't expect to overclock it any. no matter waht cooling you use, you probably won't get a laptop far...if you can even OC it

My other thought was to mod a couple of case fans to somehow directly plug in the wall.. but I have zero electrical skills. I think I would need to mod an adapter somehow, thats as far as my knowledge goes!

Would that add much to electric bill? Or will PSU only draw what it needs from the wall?

Edit: also how do you flip the PSU 'on' with no motherboard? I've never tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom