Need suggestions on new hardware for my 4000+ machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiR|RogerWaters

Baseband Member
want to expand the overclockability of my 4000+ machine

i am going to be upgrading my 4000+ for better oc'ablility and gaming performance.

Specs:
CPU: AMD 64 4000+
MoBo: ASUS A8N SLi-Deluxe
RAM: 1 GB Corsair Value RAM - [This is one part i want to upgrade]
Power Supply: Generic 480W - [This is one part i want to upgrade]
CPU HS/F: Coolermaster CPU Cooler (CK8-8JD2B) - [This is one part i want to upgrade]
GFX: Sapphire X700Pro [Going to upgrade looking for suggestions]
Overall Cooling: [open to suggestions]

also i leave the side off my case just for extra cooling.

Ok, i have been looking and here is a few product i am considering...
RAM:OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail
PSU:Ultra / X-Connect / 500-Watt / ATX / Dual 80mm Fan / Titanium-Color / Modular Power Supply- [cheap but effective]
GFX: Your suggestions please
CPU HS/F: Your suggestions please
Overall Cooling: Your suggestions please

If you were looking to overclock, then you are going to be limited by your mobo. If you are only going for mild to moderate overclocks, though, you should be ok.

As for a graphics card, perhaps you should look at getting a 6800GT or one of the 7800s. The reason why I say that is the SLI factor. You could one or 2 of the above mentioned vid cards, to run in SLI, or to add one later for some SLI-action!

I'll let someone who knows more about overclocking answer the rest of you of your questions.

RAM - YES
PSU - NO, modular power supplies suck. If you want me to explain why, i will later.
GFX - Depends on your budget, but either some flavor or 7800 or wait a few days to see ATI X1800's
CPU HS&FAN - Pick up the new Zalman 9500LED, first consult with the zalman website to confirm support on your MOBO and it will fit your case.
Overall Cooling - For aircooling, you should have a rear exhaust fan and a front intake fan.

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D supports up to 4v ram also runs 300 fsb/htt. I've owned 3 of these rma'd 1 it was my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom