need some OCing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hey everybody

i'm just overclocking my rig (in sig) and i've ran in to a little problem

i've got the cpu up to 3.006 (334x9) but i can not seem to get it higher, i've tryed setting it to 3.1 and 3.2 with different volt settings and all it seems to do is either give me the BSoD befor it gets onto vists or loads up vista then gives me it after its set-up

the only 2 things i can come up with is either the ram timeings which i havent changed of the FSB which the mobo states that its a 1333 fsb but can be OCed to 1600

has any one got any thourghts on how to get around this

Not sure on your board specifically, But in general, you tweek the speed by...

Ghz / 4 3000/9= 333.33

So you want your RAM at that speed, So, My 680i MB shows in Full speed, so...

333.33 x 2 = 667mhz.

So after I know my desired 1:1 ram speed is 667, I go into the Memmory tab/page in the BIOS and put 667.
Also, OCZ has a bit higher VRam, than what auto/default usualy is.. I forget what ive set mine to, like just over 1.2V

You're running at 2:3, and I believe at the 800mhz the rams suppose to be at.

I'm hoping someone else comes helps too, as all this knowledge is what I read and was told when I OC'd mine.

But anyway,

My guess is that you are pushing the ram over their limit. 1) make sure the voltage on the ram is set properly. The ds3r sets it to 1.8v by default, you probably need to raise this. b) you need to set the multiplier for the memory to 2.0 as this will give you a 1:1 ratio with the cpu.

Oh ya, and something gigabyte doesnt bother to tell you. ctrl-f1 while in the bios opens up the memory options.

^ than you guys i think veed just pointed out the problem

i've added volts to the NB, SB and the ram but i had the multiplier on 2.40, it gives me just over the rated speed i'll try that and get back after stress testing it

EDIT - i just set everything the same as i did for the 3.0ghz OC but i set the ram to 2.0 and it loaded up to the vista splash screen and bsod on me

the options i changed is the ram volts from normal (1.8 i think) and added 0.2v, i added 0.2v to the NB and 0.2v to a third thing (posible SB but it made my 3.0 stable)

the other 2 things i changed is the cpu volts from 1.3250 to 1.3500 and the ram from 2.40 to 2.0

would i need to change the ram timeings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom