need some help with oc

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I myself, hate vista.
But on to your question. have you tried to adjust your Dram frequency? I noticed it still says "auto". You might wanna see if you can lower its setting to still be within your ram's range. And also, have you tried tweaking your O.S. settings from your desktop? Try and see if you can get the "extra" glitz and glammor to go away. Those extras actually bog the performance. Getting rid of those will really pick the speed and performance up noticably. These are my suggestions that I have followed myself.
Honostly though, you, or anyone else for that fact, will find it almost impossible to raise the mark above 3.0 in windows vista of any kind

I hate Vista as well. No practical improvement, or maybe it allows more time for you to read books before something is fully loaded.
------------
Vietnam Travel Vietnam Tours

Not to start a vista war here...but neither of you know wtf you're talking about. I, as well as many others here, run vista no problem. I have XP on myd esktop currently, and it gets way more errors than my Vista laptop does. I also have a Vista dual-boot on my desktop, so I can go into either XP or Vista; and have Vista/Ubuntu dual boot on my laptop. Vista on both sysems performs wonderfully....

No practical use? Uh, it's way more easier to work with than XP, I've come to find that out. And there's also a huge security improvement over XP. Point taken: Pwn2Own Hacking contest.... OSX went down within 2 minutes, while Vista lasted around a day or so, while Ubuntu was still not able to be hacked into.

I'm wondering, have either of you actually used Vista? Or are either (or both) of you just been brainwashed into associating the word "vista" with "bad" ?

Anyway...back on topic... Steve, have you tried raising your voltage anymore than it is now? I have a DS3R, and I'm sitting at 3.54GHz w/ my e6750. I have my voltage set to, 1.475 I think is the setting. And I have my overvolts to +2, except for the PCI one.

the north bridge is at max +0.3 with the ram at +0.2 and the fsb at the max +0.3

also the chip has had a huge jump from 1.32500 volts to 1.33750 to 1.35000 volts and it seemed more then stable at +0.2 on the MCH, FSB, DRAM and the jump from 1.32500 to 1.3750 volts on the chip

as i keep saying i stuck here i've had my ram speed running at 2.0 (668mhz at 3.0ghz) and tryed changeing settings ect

but the lat time i changed the settings it didnt re-boot itself but it got stuck on a loading screen so it was a bit more stable then my last attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom