Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireheart

Baseband Member
Alright guys, my Intel Pentium D 820 (original clock @ 2.8GHz) is now overclocked to 3.08GHz. So what i wanna know what you guys think I can go up to without risking any crashes/meltdowns. Also, if you could tell me what the voltage should be, that would be appreciated.

Its now clocked at 3.6GHz, with the temp around 45 degrees, and still booting normally. The speed is laughing in the face of the Intel EE, which is probably about triple of what I piad for my 820.

I hope you have aftermarket cooling. Are you sure it's stable? Are you stress testing it on the way up? Just because Windows boots doesn't mean it's completely stable.

Ryan

I ran the CS graphic stress test. it worked fine, is there any other stress tests you could tell me about?

back to the largest question...you do have aftermarket cooling right? If your using factory and it's reporting that temperature, you're going to be buying a new processor soon.

voltage increases temperatures, not raising the FSB. So make sure you don't raise the voltage much until sufficient cooling is in place.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom