Need ocing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdygeek

In Runtime
Hey guys, rig is in my sig. I am having trouble Ocing. I am at 1630 FSB which equates to 2.8. My idle temp is 24ish and load is around 37-40. I have upped the Vcore all the way to 1.45 what should I do. I know my setup can go much further. Thanks.

Is your RAM linked to your CPU FSB or are you upping them separatley? Only thing I can think of is that your RAM isn't keeping up to the speed of your CPU. Need to know speed, timings and voltage. Don't raise the vcore any higher. 1.45 is plenty for 2.8GHz.

Is your RAM linked to your CPU FSB or are you upping them separatley? Only thing I can think of is that your RAM isn't keeping up to the speed of your CPU. Need to know speed, timings and voltage. Don't raise the vcore any higher. 1.45 is plenty for 2.8GHz.

not neccesarily... depends on his core type

anyways, underclock your ram, make it run slower and with looser timings for now to leave your CPU unrestricted

and what do you mean it won't go up anymore? unstable? add more voltage

What chipset is that board? If its 680i you might want to update the bios as there were lots of holes when it came to overclocking. Also what are the symptoms of your overclock. Is it failing to boot, failing to post? Would also be nice to know what your FSB and memory settings are.

I just flashed the bios and reinstalled bios version 1.4. How do I know if my ram is linked? Oh and I had loosened the ram to 5-5-5-15-2 with 2.15 and was giving everything else plenty of juice. Is it possibly to give it too much juice?

I wouldnt go over 2.1 volts on the memory. Not sure what the gskills are rated at, but 2.2 is probably the absolute max for most ddr2 memory.

I wouldnt go over 2.1 volts on the memory. Not sure what the gskills are rated at, but 2.2 is probably the absolute max for most ddr2 memory.

actually, a lot of ram is rated for 2.2, especially if its high performance, 2.2 is usually the max you see

actually, a lot of ram is rated for 2.2, especially if its high performance, 2.2 is usually the max you see

Don't go over 2.2 without active cooling. 2.2v with heatspreaders is fine for DDR2 ram.

To overclock your E6320 you may want to try 1.48-1.5 Vcore and raise the NB/SB one notch since the E6320's were a bit quirky with overclocks.

Do you have any idea what speed your ram will do @ 2.2v 5-5-5-15 timings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom