Need ocing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anytime you overclock your CPU you will be overclocking your ram. I suggest lowering your RAM multiplier so that it is actually underclocked. You want to find your max cpu overclock without your memory holding you back. Once you have your max cpu overclock you can start upping the memory to get the best performance out of that.

Not completely sure on your motherboard, but there should be a memory multiplier the bios. It is most likely set to auto right now which would set the memory to i'm guessing 3.0. Look around and set it to 2.0, this will lower it and also set your FSB and memory to 1:1.

Yea I don't think my mobo has that. I can set the timings and voltage but no where have I seen a memory multiplier. Maybe I just have bad ram or a bad proc b/c I am giving it a lot of juice and am having trouble getting over 2.8 and my load temps barely touch 40.

I don't have problems getting the timings to show, it is just I don't know where this ram multiplier is?

does it show ram speed? like ddr2 800? If it is at that speed then drop it to ddr2 667. This will rule out the ram causing instability in your cpu overclock like people have said earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom