Need Mobo recommendation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of those motherboards should work.. I haven't a clue how I missed those. On the chaintech it says 800mhz fsb when overclocked... I'm pretty sure it would work with a P4 with 800mhz fsb.

The only limiting factor I could think of would be if your current processor is too slow for the board to support. Just google this:

ASUS "P4P800 SE" i865PE Chipset

and get to the asus website where it has details on it. Find their CPU Compatibility list and see if yours is in there.

I remember seeing a table of Intel processors and motherboards and it is true that even if it's the same socket you have to have a certain model that the board has to support.

Intel has much more BS than AMD when it comes to CPU's and motherboards =/

thats the thing, i dont see why it cant either, but i have been getting some mixed responses from people here and im not sure what to believe. Nvidia originally recommended me this board, and i think it may have been lazerman to tell me that no it would not be compatible. hmmmmm........is there someone here who can back there own knowledge and tell me straight up if yes or no I can upgrade to the LAN party board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom