need help wiring in raidmax scorpio 668

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrdachshund

Beta member
i am a first-time builder and i'm having trouble wiring the "front" ports (which are actually on the top) in my raidmax scorpio 668 to my gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 mobo.
for the usb ports, my mobo manual gives this layout:
(2) . . . . . (10)
(1) . . . . (9)
pin1=power, pin2=power, pin3=USB Dx-, pin4=USB Dy-, pin5=USB Dx+, pin6=USB Dy+, pin7=GND, pin8=GND, pin9=no pin, pin10=NC
and the 10 wires from my 2 usb ports on the case are: VCC(red), USB1-(white), USB1+(green),and 2 black GND wires, and the other 5 are the same except labeled USB2 instead of 1. the VCC, USB-/+ and one GND are connected in a block of 4 and the other GND is loose

for the firewire port, my mobo manual gives this layout:
(2) . . . . . (10)
(1) . . . . (9)
pin1=TPA2+, pin2=TPA2-, pin3=GND, pin4=GND, pin5=TPB2+, pin6=TPB2-, pin7=no pin, pin8=power, pin9=power, pin10=GND
and the 7 wires from the port on my case are: TPA+(orange), TPA-(blue), TPB+(pink), TPB-(green), VP(white), VG(black), and GND(black). all wires are separate

i don't think the audio hookups will fit, but i don't really care, i just want the usb and firewire

this might be a stupid question, but like i said, this is my first build.
anyway, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

well dude it's kind of hard for us to tell you how to do it. Every case and motherboard combo is a tad different.

the usb generally goes the VCC, USB1+(Positive lead), USB1-(Negative Lead)Ground

Those four pins go on 1,3,5,7

Then grab those same ones that say USB to and they go on 2,4,6,8 and pin 9 is just a ground pin that doesn't really do any data transfer or anything

Like I said it's kinda hard to 'show' you through text

nubius-
i was pretty sure that's how the usb went, thanks for that
but i am more confused on the firewire due to the different labels and the fact that i only have 7 connectors to go to 10 pins
any ideas there?
(and i know it's hard to show me just like it was kinda hard for me to explain, but if you put it like you did for the usb i totally follow you)
thanks again

i screwed up a little on the firewire diagram as 7 should be no pin (9 should be over one)
(2) . . . . . (10)
(1) . . . . (9)

If I had to guess I'd say it goes like this:

1,3,5,7 - Power, TPA2+, TPA2-, GND

2,4,6,8 - Power, TPB2+, TPB2-, GND

i'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that, but i appreciate the suggestion
i'll just have to see what i can do unless somebody with the same case can help me out
thanks again, nubius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom