Need help with science fair project...

Status
Not open for further replies.

superpig10000

Beta member
Um... I was simply looking to buy a laptop online this morning, and for some reasons stumbled into these websites and suddenly became addictive to building a portable PC .

I have seen some projects on mini-itx.com and they are awesomely cool. And bam! the idea came to me. I can do this for my science fair project . The "only" program is that I'm totally blind as far as building a portable PC is concerned .

So i spent the whole day looking at projects, studying the parts and trying to figure out how on earth they connected the parts together. And it helped. At lease I have an idea on the parts I need and how mine is gonna look like.

Does anybody have an idea what I can do with this PC so it would make a good science fair?

Thanks. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

render one of the cool demos on the 3dmarks or download a large number of game demoes that use high graphics and such and put em on there, it wont have much if at all to do with your pc but people will go "ooh aah" over and over again :D

maybe once you have it built install prime95 which is proggy that uses your cpu power to find a prime number that has yet to be found. its sort of intersting, google prime95, also you cood do a super cooling mod so to keep the cpu cool, that sucker gets like really hot doing prime95. mine hit 53c after 6+ hours of running, and besides you may be the next person to find a prime number that has not been found yet.

jaksback said:
maybe once you have it built install prime95 which is proggy that uses your cpu power to find a prime number that has yet to be found. its sort of intersting, google prime95, also you cood do a super cooling mod so to keep the cpu cool, that sucker gets like really hot doing prime95. mine hit 53c after 6+ hours of running, and besides you may be the next person to find a prime number that has not been found yet.

no offense to mr jak or anything, but you might as well show your amazing accordion playing skills or your bug collection :), noone will ooh and ah at your amazing new mersenne prime number, id say stick with cool demos, see if you can get an aVI or mpg version of the 3dmark demos, and just queue them all up in Windows media player or BSPlayer, and sit back while you win science fair first prize.

Briefcase computer...they're so sexy:p I seen lots of them...and with a solid briefcase it's pretty easy to build one. Just gotta make sure you don't short anything and it's all padded and placed securely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom