Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hello. I am new to this forum and 50% newbie to mobo's. I have made a top deck (mobo and hard drive on top) and a bottom deck ( 2 power supplies, 850W for mobo and video card, 450W for boreaus chiller). The help I need 1. Rampage Extreme X48 has a heat pipe system. I have not been able to find a Bitspower water block that covers the NB and SB. I understand that the SB does not heat up like the NB. I have a Boreuas chiller hooked up to my mofset cpu and a Swiftech NB. I am not sure if the NB will stay cool enough to overclock a Q9650 to 3.6. I mainly use my computer to surf web and play first person shooter games (Call to Duty, Mass Effect 1& 2, Crysis 1 & 2, Black Ops, Medal of Honor). If you can help me by giving me insight or opinions about the Swiftech NB water block, I would appreciate it very much. I know that the heat pipe system is not that efficient. Thank you....old man 63

Corsair Toughpower 850W and 450W
ASUS Rampage Extreme X48,
Western Digital 600GB velocity raptor
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On