Need help with RAM timings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
So I figured out that it was the ram limiting me to my 2.7GHz. I got it up to 2.88Ghz, and I think it has more... I'm assuming it's my ram, because if I downclock it, I can achieve a higher CPU overclock, which is kind of worthless when I have such low speed in ram... Right now the ram is at 266. What should I adjust? My FSB : DRAM divider is at CPU/11, when at normal speeds it's CPU/6.

RAM.png

Actually, the speed of RAM is hardly significant - there's about a 2-3% difference in performance between 800MHz and 1066MHz, for example. So you'd probably be best to continue as you were, downclocking the RAM.

Try running SuperPi at your different cpu/memory settings to get a basic idea of what performs the best.

Actually, the speed of RAM is hardly significant - there's about a 2-3% difference in performance between 800MHz and 1066MHz, for example. So you'd probably be best to continue as you were, downclocking the RAM.

Running on DDR2-533 (266Mhz) vs. the DDR2-900 (450) that it was at, had a significant decrease in performance. It took longer to load.

Try running SuperPi at your different cpu/memory settings to get a basic idea of what performs the best.

SuperPi was about 5-6seconds slower.

lower the HyperTransport multiplier, keep the HT link at around 1000-1200MHZ

I have it at 1000mhz already, tried all the way down the line to 200, and still no go with higher RAM speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom