Need help with ram not showing as dual channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhayne

Solid State Member
Ok, if you read my other post here:
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127950

, you can see where all my problems come from. I'm a n00b to all of this.

So I ran CPU-Z to check some stats, and noticed in the memory tab, my channel # was reading Single. I know my memory is Dual Channel.

I tried to fix it myself, and really screwed up badly. I went into BIOS, and turned on some SLI setting for memory. For some reason when my computer booted up again, my CPU clock speed was down to like 2.7ghz (from the 2.88 I had by doing an auto-overclock with the AI Booster program that came with my mobo).

So I tried to compensate, and overclock some more with AI Booster, and eventually, my computer wouldn't boot. I couldn't even get it to go into BIOS, even though it would say "Entering BIOS", it would just hang.

Luckily, I remembered reading in my mobo manual, about clearing some RTC Ram thing, and performed that procedure. It fixed me back to normal, but I'm now back at the default 2.4ghz, memory still reading single, and I'm scared to death to "fiddle" with it anymore.

I've looked into the links provided in my other post, but, I don't know if I'm blind or what, but I still can't seem to find a good "n00b's guide to overclocking", or a "step-by-step guide". All I can seem to find are theories like definations of a front-side bus, multipliers, voltages, etc.

But trying to correlate that with my BIOS isn't exactly the easiest thing to do. Not for a n00b anyway.

I still want to overclock my processor, and get my ram running correctly. Heck, I don't even know if my PCI-Express and video card is running optimally. Perhaps I need help from someone who has the same mobo-cpu combination?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom