need help on ram for conroe system

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
okay, so i just got a job and its helping me pay for the conroe setup. I am going to overclock a lot since im gettin watercooling. heres my budget:

mobo: less than 180
conroe e6600- probly gonna be 350??
ram- less than $200
hd- Less than 125

if you could pick out a good mobo(are any conroe-ready good oc'ers out yet?), some good ram, preferably 2gb, and a hd. im thinking about a raptor, dont really need more than 75 gigs, only playing bf2, steam, and nothing really else.

HDD Western Digital 250gb 16mb Cache is like $90, put the other $35 into your ram.

not really big on massive hd's, rather spend money on speed, raptors are i think 139 after rebate. i could always get a massive one if i needed one. any reccomendations for ram/ mobo anyone?

that's a lot of options to choose from for that budget. many people's suggestion might be good because many good ones are within that range. why don't you just go for the one that's closest to you highest allowed range.

I got a badaxe rev.304 for 245. You arent gonna find a mobo for under 180 unless you want a gigabyte ds3, which are actually getting high fsb. Id go with some team group ram as they now manufacture with d9 chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom