Need help quick with new motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
i had a ecs that did not work for nothing so now i purchased a intel d865perl to go with the 2.8ghz cpu and mx400 video cards with kingston 512mb memory, and 420 powersupply. It booted up twice with the message ntdrl or ntrl and ctrl alt del to restart. Then i restarted and nothing shows up on the screeen. What could this be. please help.
thanks
kevin

i swapped boards and now im trying to get it too boot i get nothing but a songish beep and then another beep. the monitor will not display anything. it says ddr333 is compatible and everything i have it hooked up right.

try to reset ur BIOS... first off, u need to disconnect the power. Next you take that little battery on the mobo out. In ur manual, there should be like a little jumper on the mobo that u need to move for 10 seconds keeping the battery out. Then u replace the battery and replace the jumper in its original position. Look in ur manual and see which jumper it is and where to move it. in ur manual, it should say somthing like, "reseting CMOS"

ookay i moved the memory from dimm 0 to dimm 1 and it works i can enter xp setup but now it wont copy some files. And i used 2 differnt xp discs testing them both. So i think the drive may be slightly incompatible so tommorow im gonna try a differnt one.

okay now it takes to times to start it. I have to turn it on, turn it off then turn it on before the monitor goes on, it does not beep at all. When i try and load xp, and i have tryed 2 discs it wont copy a bunch of random files each time. I tried a diffrent drive and it did the same thing. any suggestions?

why am i geting the hardest time with this thing? now when i go to do ntfs quick on the partition of xp installation it says that it wont. And when i try to full ntfs and i get differnt stop errors every time. Or just one that says its stopping to protect damage to your computer. Could this be bad hard drive? or bad memory? how do i fix this? The motherboard is an intel d865perl and the cpu is 2.8ghz 533fsb. Kingston 512mb ram and westerndigital 80gb harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom