need help picking a chipset mobo combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

SushiBoi92

Baseband Member
im building a new pc and im wondering if the nforce4's are really the chipset to use, and if so, which company/model would be good with it, and if not, then what chipset/mobo combination would be best. im going to put amd athlon 3500 in it, and im not looking for sli boards either...
also the VC will be a 6800 gt

thanks guys

As long as your vid card is PCI-E, then the nforce4 chipset will be really good.

GameGURU made some good recommendations. DFI is the best for overclocking. If you arent overclocking, then get an MSI or Gigabyte and save some money.

I think the Lanparty is actually cheaper than the Neo4 so there's no reason not to buy it. :p Even if you aren't overclocking the board is a good choice due to it's huge functionality and reliability.

edit - I just checked and it is indeed cheaper than all other reputable alternatives. The only cheaper boards are chaintech and foxconn and the like

edit - I just checked and it is indeed cheaper than all other reputable alternatives. The only cheaper boards are chaintech and foxconn and the like

Thats weird. Locally DFI is hella expensive while MSI and Gigabyte are cheap.

Oh well, I guess thats what happens when you assume. It makes an ass outta.....well.........I guess just me.

Anyways, if the DFI is the same price, then you might as well get it, as gaara said.

The nForce3 has its share of problems, it doesn't like 1T RAM and is giving off some funky voltage and temperature readouts. It doesn't much like overclocked GPUs either.

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D
or is the SLI-DR better?
But since im not looking for SLI's, not sure of the SLI-DR

and how does the ABIT AV8 third eye compare to the DFI,
Im really just looking for the best mobo for socket 939 non-SLI but in the 100~ range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom