Need help overclocking my fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also one more question. also serves as a bump to answer my above post question =) Am i able to turn down the settings on my video card? like the core bus and memory bus, etc. What do i need to turn down to make it run cooler?

I don't think you would be able to run a 9850, because of its high power consumption not all motherboards can support it. If you download cpuz and post a screen shot of the main board tab we can tell for sure one way or the other.

I don't think the video cards temps are that big of a problem, graphics cards can safely run at 60c. I wouldn't worry unless it was at 75c or so.

If you still want better cooling your best bet would be getting a new case. A Antec 300 would give you much better airflow than your current case and would also give you more room for future expansion.

one word of warning as well, there is a very good chance that the power supply that they recommended will not be a slip in replacement. Way back when, i had a pre-built computer (compaq, actually) and i replaced the power supply and it didn't fit in easily because the socket for the power cord was being blocked by some sheet metal on my case.

So, be ready to either bend (ghetto) or cut away a little in order for that power supply to fit into its new home.

chris

My brother had a hp case that was very similar to his and it was able to fit a new power supply without any issues.

Ok i'll download that, and we'll see where that leads off. brb to edit this post with the SS

BTW i just noticed something. I found out my output is 250W. Newegg.com - PNY VCG96512GXEB GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards Judging by what they are saying, i need "at least" a 400W power supply, which I was told to get a 600W+ but I didn't hear about anything cheap :/ might have to take the card out for now till im able to get one becuz i don't want nothing bad to happen to it :/

2yy82n4.jpg

That psu is overkill, the antec 380w I posted before will be fine. Ricanflow runs 2 8800gt's on the Antec Ea380 and each of those cards consumers as much power as a 9600gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom