need help with overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not use the default setting tab, I just set everything like it was before.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what are FTT's?

AVG was not scanning, I had it paused. Even if AVG was scanning, my system should be able to handle it with no problems.

I disabled both C1E and EIST in the bios and it is still pretty slow. It is fine when it first starts up but after an hour or so it gets pretty slow. Now firefox opens up fine but anything, Nero, Windows Mail, etc is really slow. I also noticed that when it get slow, the activity light or whatever it is called stays on.

then its defo a HDD problem, if the HDD light is always on. Something is using up ur HDD. to be sure, when ur pc is really slow, run nvidia monitor to see what the HDD usage is, to be sure that its not the hdd holding the rest of ur system back. I had that problem on my old pc....

Do I need to download nvidia monitor? If so where can I download it? Or is it something that came with the gpu?

This is strange. Now it seems to be working fine and the activity light is not on. I have no idea when the light went off. But when I restart it, it will start all over again.

I think I know what the problem is. I just turned my computer on after being off for several days and a message came up asking me to back up my data because the hard drive is failing.

I am hoping that is the only thing wrong. I was afraid I damaged the cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom