need help with overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I am currently overclocked at 3.3ghz and 1.36 volts. I have ran OCCT for over 5 hours without a crash so I would say it is stable. Now when I try and run 3dmark06, it doesn't get past the first test and gives me some kind of graphic error, can't remember what it said. I am pretty sure this has to do with overclocking because I have ran it before.

Hmmm, so much information here, it's hard to figure it out........ But i bet you that "error" is the cause.

And seeing as only you've seen it, no one on here knows what it says, and can therefore can't help resolve it.

I've seen some of your OC posts, and they've confused me.. So if you haven't figured out yet, what I'm saying I'll tell you...

Crap in equals crap out.

Be more specific just what you've changed, driver versions, etc.

and what have you attempted to fix it? Up the vcore a little, and if it runs, then your cpu was not stable.

The stress put on your system by games or 3dmark is not the same as orthos, or prime..

I have not attempted to fix it yet. The error I am getting says "IDirect3DDevice9::present failed:Device lost (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)". I have not changed any drivers. This is on the machine in my sig.

I guess I can up the vcore but I am already at 1.36.

you're on a conroe core. you can safely put it up to 1.55. also, up the fsb volt, and the northbridge.

According to CPU-Z, I am running a Kentsfield. How do I up the fsb volt and northbridge?

oh my bad. 65nm chip is what I meant to say.

and you up those in your BIOS. under.. FSB and NB. under the overvolt section, or where ever you upped your cvore

1.5ish for your fsb, 1.4 or so to start with your nb. It all depends though, every OC is diff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom