need help overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmellyOne

Baseband Member
i want to increase the multiplier and maybe the frontside bus
system specs

cpu:Mobile Pentium 4 538, 3.2 Ghz (14 x 229)
ram:512 mb x 1gb
both ddr sdram pc2700(166mhz)

i checked in bios and there is no option to increase the multiplier. is there any other way to do so.

the processor isn't a overclock friendly processor. It might let you decrease the multiplyer but i doubt it will let you increase it.

Looks like you have the ram:processor on a 2:3 divider. I would leave the ram alone and increase the processor frequency in 5mhz inqueriments until it becomes unstable, then increase the vcore for the processor to make it stable. But watch the temp. and keep it at a safe temp. I think the pentium 4 is rated for 78*c MAX temp. but i wouldn't go that high....try to keep it below 64*c max temp. By max temp i mean when the system is going through a stress test...so idle temp should be like 50*c. To check the temp...there should be a temp monitor in the bios. Keep it below 50*c in the bios temp monitor. If it is already at that temp or higher....i wouldn't oc it or get a better heatsink and fan or watercool it :p.

hope that helps

edit: i didnt' see the mobile....im not too sure about the mobile one....wait until another techie with more experince with laptops then me gives you an ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom