Need help OC'ing my Q6600 with P35-DS3R ...again

I tried setting my voltage to 1.38,39 and 1.4 with my clock at 400X9 and it kept crashing and the first windows flash screen on boot
I then tried 378X9 and then it just failed to boot.
I also raised my DDR +.01 still nothing.
Do I need to raise any of the other voltages? (MCH, etc) or just the CPU and DDR2
So far i'm stable with 300X9 with my ram at 667.

I feel like I ran into this situation years back with the flash screen freezing up, trying to remember how I got my system to 3.8...even though that was temporary, I still got it to boot

I tried 400X9 with just 2 of the 800 sticks I have.

- Then I just stuck all my ram sticks in and tried 356X9, and I got a BSOD,
I raised the DDR voltage +.01, Raised CPU to 1.3 and still got a BSOD, not sure if it is that Ram or CPU causing that (My guess Ram)
Right now I'm stable at 345X9, Ram is at 690, no voltages changed.
I ram a 3DMark test and no failures/crashes/bsod...
I did do a quick Prime test and the last core got an error, however the first 3 cores were still being tested.
What test do you guys do, I pick the second or the third one

Did 400x9 work with just the 800? If it did, then it's RAM. Still though more than likely it's going to be RAM. If you want to raise the clocks of the 667 sticks higher you will need more voltage and probably looser timings too.

I use the test according to what I'm wanting to stress. Usually for basic stability I do combined RAM and CPU.

Windows would crash on boot with 400X9 on the 800 sticks even after raising the cpu voltage to 1.4 and ddr up by 1. I guess I will try higher cpu voltage
I get the bsod with the 667 sticks when i'm at 3.2 ghz, i had raised the cpu to 1.3 and ddr up by one.
My default cpu is at 1.28
I have the ram at 5 5 5 15, i guess i could try 5 5 5 18.

Back
Top Bottom