Need help oc ram (Crucial Ballistix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I have 2gb of the ballistix.
I have my ram multi set at 2 right now and the speed is running at about 972.

I want to try oc my ram and try getting my 3dmark score to break 14k if possible...

thank you.

OCing ram won't help that much in 3dmark

i'm running mine at 5-5-5-15-2T the rest is on auto....i run them at 1000Mhz no problems.

OCing ram won't help that much in 3dmark

i'm running mine at 5-5-5-15-2T the rest is on auto....i run them at 1000Mhz no problems.

mine is at 5 5 5 15 and 2t and it shows its at 972...so im guessings that as far as i can go?

you could do 1100 i'm sure...but its not gonna matter that much.

...thats what im confused at, how do i raise it?
do i increse the multi to 2.4 or what?

im kinda thinking of not bothering with it and just sticking to what i could get.

My multi is 2.5 and I've got my ram at 950 MHz with the timings set to 4-4-4-8. It's perfectly stable too, no problems with it BSOD'ing at all or anything. I think that at the very least you should be able to get those timings down to 4-4-4-12 with your current frequency. And I know for a fact that Ballistix can go to 1100 MHz 5-5-5-12 because I used to have mine around there.

One thing, check your RAM's voltage. My mobo defaulted it to 1.8v but the Ballistix is rated for 2.2v so I had to increase the voltage in the bios which improved stability a lot.

my ram volt is at +.04 as b1 told me to do so.
we have the same board so ill try the multi and ram timings and see how it goes.

Alright good luck. And don't get too frustrated if it doesn't work the first couple of times, I think I saw about 20 system boot failures and BSODs before I finally had my settings finessed enough for it to be stable.

Alright good luck. And don't get too frustrated if it doesn't work the first couple of times, I think I saw about 20 system boot failures and BSODs before I finally had my settings finessed enough for it to be stable.

ill prolly bother with it later...if i get time.
this week is finals so i got more imp things to focus on.
thanks for the info though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom