Need help on my watercooling System

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorysK

Baseband Member
I am thinking about building my own watercooling system for an AMD 64 FX-55. I need to know if someone knows how to build one, and can help me out. I have thought about buying a system, but I would really like something original. I will have plenty of room inside the case, so I need help with components and How to ssemble everything. By the way the case that this is going into is a Thermaltake Shark Full-tower.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-133-144&DEPA=0

You will need:

Radiator (depending on how big of a system you are running, a small rad with copper innards will do you good...unless you decide to run ALOT of blocks. if so you will need possibly 2*small rad's, or one big rad with a couple 80mm fans.

Blocks (depending on how many thing you wnt to cool...Nb,gfz,RAM,CPU,SB...you can buy blocks for ALL of those. but you probly jsut want CPU and NB)

Reservoir (better than a fill-and-bleed system IMO. you dont needa huge one, but the bigger it is the more water you cna circulate and the better/colder the cooling is gonna be)

Pump (Dont skimp on this. you want quality and lots of power, a cheap pump can fail and leak...killing your entire system)

Tubing and connectors (same as pump...dont get the cheapest tubing available. cheap tubes can expand and crack after extended use.. and you want strong connectors...dont use zip ties or anything as those are easily knocked off or loosened.

Probably a switch unless you are running it hardwired form the PSU. i suggest a switch if you dont know how to wire out of your PSU, and it's a lil' easier just to ru a switch.

some kind of add-in material that stops corrosion.

don't get too attached to the case, as you will have to drill holes in it (unless you want everything sliding around and leaking everywhere)...and possibly cut some stuff out of it to make the entire system fit. done correctly it look ok, but a n00b with a drill can have some amazing results lol.

you want to run the system at LEAST 24hrs straight befor installing it in your case. this is called leak testing and it is the step most people skip. they are stupid, and have a higher risk of leaks. if you test it, and make sure you connected everything right by leak testing it...you are alot more confident about your setup. especially if its your first build. if you find a leak figure out if its a user error (such as a not so tight connection) or if something is cracked or borken (RMA it then). i dont advice fixing it yourself...unless you know how to build water cooling parts and have the tools.

lol...i don't even have water cooling either. i just know lots about it:) helped build a few systems, watched alot of video reviews, and read probably 300 pages of water cooling guides/reviews.

..... and distilled water, as tap water has minerals that will eventually clog up the pathways. You'll have to change the water and anti corrosive every now and then because of bacteria causes the mix to stink eventually, if its well sealed then you probably won't smell it. I couldn't think of anything to kill bacteria that would damage seals and rust components, but watercooling is becoming alot more common then when I was doing it.

Yes leak test it before you put it in your computer, then after you put it in before you put power to the comp. Lots of idiots bash watercooling because they didn't take enough time in setting it up.

My first watercooled experiment was performed after a 6 pack and never leaked :D (which supprized the H out of me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom