Need Help With My Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaackoran

In Runtime
Ok ive recently purchased a x1600pro 512 pcie card for my comp. Sometimes when i turn the computer on it crashes...and occasionally i get the blue screen of death. Ive narrowed it down to the video card, as it doesnt happen when i install my other card. I thought at first it was a driver issue (ive tried the sapphire disc drivers and the ati website drivers) but i cant seem to fix the problem. It plays games flawlessly most of the time. But the comp does crash when turned on and then i get the mobo beeps...until i power down adn try again.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Or did i just get a bum card....

My computer specs are in my sig...

Also im in the market for a new heatsink....Im lookin at the Zalman cps9500led, the arctic cooling 64 pro and the cooler master 6+ which one should i get? i want it to be reallly queit yet really effective.

Ok dude you need to check what your PSU is.(Power Supply) If it is below 450W I dont think it will run.

no my psu is good... not even running 2 hd's or optical drives... and it workes fine with a 6800...

the card is fine just sometimes it locks up.... im begining to think its a faulty card...

one thing you might need to check is how many amps the 12 volt rail its supplying to the card. it may not be getting enough.

no it is definitely more then sufficient....its either a driver issue, a faulty card or maybe its something to do with mobo bios settings?

The mobo i got uses agp and pci e....maybe thats it? any settings i should check there???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom