Need Help installing 8800 Ultra cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
you might need to set the HR-03 back on it....set the clocks back down to stock...then try that.

the clocks might be set to high for the stock cooler.

you might need to set the HR-03 back on it....set the clocks back down to stock...then try that.

the clocks might be set to high for the stock cooler.

i had the card downclocked to stock before taking out the hr

This is what i did,
on the stock cooler, i wiped out all that white stuff(sounds wrong) that surrounded metal parts that would apply on he heatsinks.
I applied a small dot of mx-2 on those spots, and on the gpu chip.
Then i applied the cooler back on and and made sure the fan switch was plugged in.
Turned pc on, fan turns on but screens messed up and bsod.
Did i do anything wrong here?
i seriously need this to get fixed before shipping it to that guy, otherwise i may have to just it to him with the hr.
Or i could try rmaing the card, but that process will take so long.

hm. unplug the fan, and see what it does then. also, make sure your power cables are plugged in good.

tried that and still the same.
How long are you gonna be up?
if you mind...i can take itall out againt and take pics and show you what i did.

i dont see why removing teh cooler would have anything to do with it....its not like it was under load or anything. so temps shouldnt have been that high.

take some pics if you want to.

i dont see why removing teh cooler would have anything to do with it....its not like it was under load or anything. so temps shouldnt have been that high.

take some pics if you want to.

i know, it should still work...this is ****sing me off.
i hate removing it back and forth but i have to i guess and i hope there is a solution.
The only thing i can think of is rmaing the card and hoping they dont find out i took it off in the firstplace.

take the stock cooler back off...then try it without any cooler at all

you could have got some static electricity on the card and shorted it out somehow.

take the stock cooler back off...then try it without any cooler at all

you could have got some static electricity on the card and shorted it out somehow.

isnt it dangerous to turn it on without any cooler on it?

and you could be right about the static part...i just hope not though.
I guess i could still rma the card, ijust have to hope the guy will wanna wait.

it shouldnt hurt it that much...just give it a try, temps wont get that high.

well my bro is sleeping so i guess i cant work on it now.
I guess ill have to try tomorrow morning.
Sorry,
thanks for helping though.
Icontact my seller and told him if he wants a brand new card i cuold rma it , but he will have to wait...i hope he agrees...relief for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom