Need Help installing 8800 Ultra cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Since i sold my ultra now and not the hr03 plus i have to replace the aftermarket cooler with the original cooler.

I found the screwed and all, but i have a questions.
When i took off the stock cooler , they was this white paste on every one of those heat sinks on the cooler. So do i wipe it off? or leave it on.

What steps should i do to install the stock cooler back? i mainly worried about cleaning, what should be cleaned and where should thermal paste be applied.
Thanks.

Clean all the thermal pads off and anywhere that the stock cooler contacts the card put some AS5 on it.

Clean all the thermal pads off and anywhere that the stock cooler contacts the card put some AS5 on it.

alright thanks.
I got mx-2,as 5 tuniq-1, and some other crappy paste.
I wont screwe the guy over who bought the card so ill just put mx-2.

thanks veedub.
Now ill check how the temps will raise up after going back to the stock cooler.

hey guys, big problem.
I replaed it the hr back to the stock cooler.
Turned my pc on, the fan on the gpu runs but my pc looks all ****** up.
it looks all scrambled and then it bsod on me.

What did i do wrong?

Sounds like something didnt get set right on the heatsink. If you are getting artifacting then a bsod, i'd assume the card is overheating. What you are describing sounds like what happened on my 9500 pro when the fan died and it was overheating. Shouldnt harm the card, just need to fix the cooler.

Sounds like something didnt get set right on the heatsink. If you are getting artifacting then a bsod, i'd assume the card is overheating. What you are describing sounds like what happened on my 9500 pro when the fan died and it was overheating. Shouldnt harm the card, just need to fix the cooler.

the fan turned on though, i was looking at it, and it took a few seconds then it turned on, but my screen looks all...scrambled then bsod after the windows vista loading screen.

ill try pluggig the fan in again....or ill try facing a fanright infront of it...
dam**n, i need to pack this card to ship since i justsold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom