Need Help With Heat Sink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric1

In Runtime
Hi guys, I built myself a second computer today. The only problem I'm having is with the heat sink and fan. I got an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro for the CPU, which is an AMD Athlon II X4 running at 2.6GHz Quad-Core AM3 socket. Unfortunately The heat sink will not fit my motherboard- Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H. Now I need to find another heat sink that will work for this motherboard. I want to overclock of course, I'm using the stock cooler right now. Any suggestions on a good aftermarket heat sink? Thanks for your help!

Either the Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer or the Xigmatek Rifle S1286 will be a good choice.

Both offer great bang for the buck and can be found usually under $30.

Hi guys, I built myself a second computer today. The only problem I'm having is with the heat sink and fan. I got an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro for the CPU, which is an AMD Athlon II X4 running at 2.6GHz Quad-Core AM3 socket. Unfortunately The heat sink will not fit my motherboard- Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H. Now I need to find another heat sink that will work for this motherboard. I want to overclock of course, I'm using the stock cooler right now. Any suggestions on a good aftermarket heat sink? Thanks for your help!

The Arctic Cooling 64 pro was the one for AMD. freezer 7 pro was for intel IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom