Need help getting Q6600 stable at 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
man ifeel like givin up...maybe i shouldda stuck with my e6550.
Im tried 1.5v, mch and fsb at +.01 and ram at 5 5 5 18 and 2.4 multi.
ran 3dmark and got a really low score...i was getting a score close to what i got with my e6550.
...im about to give up on this oc...its frustrating, i saw all your guy's at 3.6 and thought it would be easy.

I thought the same, should be easy. Learned the hard way. There are so many variables between different boards, cpu's, memory, etc, that not every one gets the luck of the draw. 3.4 is not a bad OC tho.

Krazyq I think you may have gotten a bad CPU... you should be able to get to 3.6 at least semi - stable on a G0.

Luckily we have very similar mobo's so I can probably help you out. If it helps, I have my fsb voltage set to +.1 and my cpu voltage is at the next highest thing after 1.475 (I can't remember the exact number sorry) and my RAM is at +.4v. I also have mine at 400x9 but my RAM is running at 800mhz (that's the 2.0 setting).

Krazyq I think you may have gotten a bad CPU... you should be able to get to 3.6 at least semi - stable on a G0.

Luckily we have very similar mobo's so I can probably help you out. If it helps, I have my fsb voltage set to +.1 and my cpu voltage is at the next highest thing after 1.475 (I can't remember the exact number sorry) and my RAM is at +.4v. I also have mine at 400x9 but my RAM is running at 800mhz (that's the 2.0 setting).

do you mean the value after 1.475?
and did you raise mech volt at all?
and what timings did you have your ram at?
ill try this now and see what i get at 3.6.

thanks.

do you mean the value after 1.475?
and did you raise mech volt at all?
and what timings did you have your ram at?
ill try this now and see what i get at 3.6.

thanks.

Yeah I meant the next voltage option after 1.475.
I didn't change the mch voltage.
My RAM is at 800 mhx, 4-4-4-12 2t
Good luck getting to 3.6

its going to be tough to get 3.6 with your tuniq.

i've gotten mine about 6 hours stable, then it would randomly crash. thats with all my case fans on high and the a/c set to high in my room.

i would just go with 3.2-3.4 and be happy. its more than enough for right now...you can look into watercooling later on and you can get upwards of 3.8ish

its going to be tough to get 3.6 with your tuniq.

i've gotten mine about 6 hours stable, then it would randomly crash. thats with all my case fans on high and the a/c set to high in my room.

i would just go with 3.2-3.4 and be happy. its more than enough for right now...you can look into watercooling later on and you can get upwards of 3.8ish

well i wanna get to 3.6 just for a 3dmark score or higher if possible.
I want to get around 3.2-3.4 for daily use.

How did you get your 3dmark score stable with such a high oc?
what settings did youhave?

i've gotten it to 3dmark stable at 3.9Ghz

my board has options to control north and south bridge voltages. so that helps some. but i can run 3dmark at 3.9Ghz with a 1.550 vcore

try running 3.2Ghz at 1.275V in prime..thats the voltage i use to stay stable at that speed.

i've gotten it to 3dmark stable at 3.9Ghz

my board has options to control north and south bridge voltages. so that helps some. but i can run 3dmark at 3.9Ghz with a 1.550 vcore

try running 3.2Ghz at 1.275V in prime..thats the voltage i use to stay stable at that speed.

well at 3.2ghz i can have my ram at 4 4 4 12 and v core at 1.28 which is good, and i might keep it that way since i dont want to have high voltage just to be stable at 3.4.

well i really just wanna try getting to 3.8,3.9 just to get a 3dmark score but i guess that wont happen.

some cpu's just have a huge voltage gap to keep stable.. but could also be a different factor, such as something like fsb voltage or anything like that.. every mobo and cpu is gonna have a different combination to get to the same point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom