Need Help Computer Will Not Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
ok that memory has great timings. the stock voltage is 2.0-2.05V, and i am willing to wager that your mobo doesn't run it that hot on "auto". it's probably 1.8-1.9V or something. so, change that.
also, that ram has a command rate of 1T @ 800mhz, which makes it very unlikely that it will overclock much (if at all) with its stock timings (which are 4-4-4-15). i would raise the voltage first. if that doesnt solve the problem, i would loosen the timings to 5-5-5-15, leaving the command rate at 1T. if that doesnt work, i would then raise the command rate to 2T. your ram is made to be fast without overclocking, so it probably doesnt overclock that well (but...it doesnt really need to...good job on picking that out).
lemme know how that goes.

So this was what was told to me to do. So I gave that a shot to stop my comp from crashing when I upped the FSB to 230mhz. Under voltage for ram I could only go to 1.95, so i put it to that instead of auto. then instead of command rate at auto I put it at 1T. THen under memory clock frequency it was at autom, changed it to 800mhz. Then I upped the FSB to 225mhz instead of 230, just to be safe and try that out.

NOW MY COMPUTER WILL NOT START! I turn it on and it goes beeeeeep, beep beep. then a pause and does it again. does that about 4 times then gets to the asus m2n-e page that is at the start of every time i boot the comp. usually from there it goes to windows, but now it is just stuck there.

What can I do? This computer I am typing on doesnt have cd or dvd drives, 1.5ghz pentium 4 processor, so it's very critical I get this thing working again. Help, please!

Not sure what that means lol. but what i did was took out all my ram besides the one 512mb stick. it worked with just that and then i tried with more and it would not boot. i restored defaults, and now it is working with another 512 stick, have yet to try the other 2 1 gig sticks. took hours of messing around but i figured out something now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom