Need help building 1st PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenophon

Beta member
Im trying to build my 1st PC for a few reasons; 1. My dad says that he needs the computer all the time and my media and games are taking up too much space, 2. Im switching from console to PC because I spend more time at my friends house playing PC Counter Strike than at home playing Halo. 3. I will be Graduating High School next year and when I move out I'll probably need a computer. I went to my friend to get help but now every time I call he says hes busy (but I know hes playing Battlefield 2 he doesnt stop talking about it at work) so he told me to go to these forums and ask for help. Adam (my friend) helpped me pick out a few parts. But I will still probably need help with putting it together and specific parts(Like a processor, Adam told me that an AMD would be best for me but my dad works at Intel and he always talks about how their processors are better. Anyways heres what Adam and I picked out:

Case EZ-Media G7
MotherBoard Biostar K8VGA-M
Processor Havent decided
Video Card Radeon 9600XT 256 MB DDR 8x AGP V9600XT
Hard Drive 2 Seagate Barracuda 20 GB UDMA/100 IDE Hard Drives
Monitor 17-inch TFT Flat Panel Color Monitor
And ill pick up a mouse and keyboard later on.

I havent bought anything yet, but if there is more I need to buy or something better that cost the same or near same price please tell me.

Thank you for your help and I will post as I get parts and in the end Ill post pics of the finished product:)

a 9800pro is cheap nowa days and is your best bet for a graphics card. go amd if your pc is nothing but for gaming becuase intel runs everything else better (proven fact). ive suggested AMD machines to people but i dont as much anymore becuase not too many people only use their pc JUST for gaming.

I dont think that my computer will be just for gaming, I hope to run media and maybe some video editing. I talked to my dad about the how Intel Chips work with gaming and he says there just fine but no are better than AMD with handling multiple tasks or somthing like that. Im going to check out the Nvidia Leadteak, Evga 6600 GT and 9800pro.

Thanks for your suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom