Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

naerskine

In Runtime
So I was messing around in my BIOS (newbi) and when i restarted my comp the screen wont come on. the connection is fine so what happened? My freind says i can some how get it to work with something called CMOS? im not sure what this is nor is she. please help if you can. thanks in advance

Found this, is it what i need?

Post How to Reset Your Bios

There are 2 ways you can reset your bios.

1. On the motherboard there is a small watch battery. Remove this battery along with the power cable from the power supply. Hold down the power button to fully discharge the system. Wait 2-3 minutes then reinstall the battery and plug in your system. Your reset is now complete

2. Some motherboards have a 3 pin jumper by the battery. Lets say that the jumper is on pins 2 and 3. Remove the jumper while the machine is OFF and place onto pins 1 and 2. Power on your machine for a minute. (Note: Your system will not POST). Shutdown your machine and put the jumper back to pins 2 and 3. Your reset is now complete

This is a great troubleshooting step for those of you having POST issues or no POSTing at all. Like other troubleshooting steps, this will not always work but usually will depending on the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom