need a good mb for oc

Status
Not open for further replies.
MicroATX? If you are going to OC, get at least a mid atx, you need as much room for airflow as possible. For OCing get a high end ASUS or a Gigabyte.

if you want to OC good, you can't just have a good motherboard

you also need to have good ram to OC

you also need to have a good heatsink//fan for OC, not stock crap

you also need to have good knowledge of OCing beforeyou do it

i have a really good zalman heat sink. 2 pny 512 ram. I have ok knowledge of oc so i just wanted to knw whats a good motherboard brand and model

thanks

Him, im not trying to jump on you or anything. So dont take this the wrong way. But for OC purposes, Gigabyte is the worse choice. Asus arent good either. DFI is ideal for OC, so thats what you should be looking into. Im guessing you have an AGP card. The best AGP OC board out there at this moment, is the MSI Neo2 Platinum. Simple as that. DFI is releasing a new AGP board sometime in june. This is said to be the new best AGP OC board. This is what im waiting for, so i can replace my AV8. I would get a DFI, MSI, or Abit board for OC, no hands down. Even for normal use.

You dont need to be that careful when you counter what I say, just dont be condascending and I wont jump on you like I do in the other threads. :)

Thats what I've heard. DFI for AMD, but when it comes to Intel, I've been told Gigabyte or ASUS. Just going by what I've been told. I didnt recommend MSI because I have personally had a very bad experience with them, so I dont like them. I've also heard horror stories about Abit, so I dont trust them too much. ASUS are the best boards for an Intel, Intel has stated this. Naturally I would assume that they would also be good for an OC, but maybe I assumed wrong. We all know how the saying goes...

I've been told numerous times how well the Gigabyte's OC. You should just find some reviews (possibly over at www.xtremesystems.org) and see what are reviewed as the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom