need a good cpu heat sink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desolation

In Runtime
Ello all im looking for a good heat-sink. That's not gonna block my ram slots, but give me good cool temps.

Was thinking of getting this one but not sure >

Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler - Socket LGA 775, AM2, AM2+, 1156, AM3, 1366 at TigerDirect.com

Any input would be helpful.

Motherboard
ASUS M4A78T-E Motherboard - AMD 790GX, AM3 128MB DDR2 Side-Port, ATI Hybrid, CrossFire, PCIe 2.0, DDR3 Memory USB2.0, RAID, HDMI/DVI at TigerDirect.com

Ill be posting pics a little later. Gotta wait till i cant get my hands on a camera.

Ello all im looking for a good heat-sink. That's not gonna block my ram slots, but give me good cool temps.

Was thinking of getting this one but not sure >

Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler - Socket LGA 775, AM2, AM2+, 1156, AM3, 1366 at TigerDirect.com

Any input would be helpful.

Motherboard
ASUS M4A78T-E Motherboard - AMD 790GX, AM3 128MB DDR2 Side-Port, ATI Hybrid, CrossFire, PCIe 2.0, DDR3 Memory USB2.0, RAID, HDMI/DVI at TigerDirect.com

Ill be posting pics a little later. Gotta wait till i cant get my hands on a camera.

Please do, also what kind of case do you plan on using? A case's fan and airflow setup can be detrimental to cooling the components within.

All right i managed to get a hold of a camera phone and took a few pics.

Case is a HAF 932 amd edition
03-07-10_2011.jpg

03-07-10_2022.jpg

03-07-10_2023.jpg

03-07-10_2018.jpg

I got the HAF 932 because ive got a lot of parts to go in it. Plus wanted the extra room to upgrade later. My old tower was way to small for all i had in it. I still have a long list of parts to get yet to.

I had been considering that one, and many others.

Im looking for something thats gonna keep my temps down and not block my ram slot.

Ive got my phenom 2 X4 955 oc to 3.8 and it runs at 45 to 48 idle and 60 to 63 on full load on stock heat sink, would like to drop the temps down so i could get a little more out of it

I would suggest the Corsair H50 all-in-one liquid cooler, I use the rebranded ASEtek one....same thing though. I have my i7 860 up to 4.21ghz stable with it, and temps stay below 40c idle 70c full load ( I'm still sorting out the case fans, I've got some modding to do and some really weak intake fans to get rid of). I'm going to replace the fans, and thermal paste when I get my mobo back, as this was slapped together quickly to keep me busy until then. What is the TDP of the 955? Sorry, if I'm not being helpful. I just got my first look at Crysis running DX10 at 62 fps at high settings, 4xaa, 1920*1080 :crazy: I love this rig...

naw its all good any input is helpful.

the TDP on the 955 is 125 watts.

i did the same thing this is just keeping me calm while i wait to get the rest of my parts. its a pain to have to wait. Im getting a 5770 to hold me over till i can get 2 5870 later on. Ive been planing this build out scene December last year and was finally able to get started February

im thinking of getting a fan controller so i can get my 230 mm fans pushing a little more air and get some better air flow.

Ive been building computers for a while now, for others but never really took the time to build my own till now and i don't want anything to go wrong with it. im just a little ocd about my case and parts.

sorry i ramble a bit
im a bit new to oc to, ive mess a little bit but not enough to get some serious oc from my computer yet.

I understand, and I agree that the waiting sucks. I've built nice rigs for myself and ended up selling them to friends for cheap, or just outright building for friends by request. However, I must say that my best experiences came from working with high performance laptops, as there are far more constraints to weigh in regards to cooling and hardware realty and alot less upgrade overhead. With overclocking, it's really about good ethics and calculated risks....lots of research helps too.

The Sunbeam Core Contact is an excellent low-cost heatsink. How much money are you willing to spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom