Need case mod idea's for folding box. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Need case mod idea's for folding box.

As the title say's i need some mod idea's for my folding box i'm building,Don't really want to go mod crazy on this but still would like a bit of input on the matter,Was thinking of doing a small window along the length of the bottom section of the case but i'm kind of stumped on the other bit's,I have a couple multi colored fan's that i'm thinking of using but i could use a couple more cheap idea's if you please

Old 12-26-2006, 12:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

masking tape stripes and then black spraypaint, then gloss.

2x 512mb Ram

Logitech G7
Creative GigaWorks T-20
--------------------------
Old 12-26-2006, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

I'd do some cable management before I'd even consider putting a window in that one!
Old 12-26-2006, 10:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Phrantic
I'd do some cable management before I'd even consider putting a window in that one!

That stuff there is getting pulled out,I'm switching that little p3 crap with my old Sempron gut's
Old 12-26-2006, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sui
Ultra Techie

uggg thats one butt ugly looking face on that case. I'd probably rip it off, weld up the holes, make it look presentable then paint. Ditch the 80mm intake fan/cage and make it into either 92 or 120mm intake. Mount the switches to the bottem near an edge so you just feel to hit them. The thing about a window along the bottem is.....what are you going to be looking at? dust?

Might be more work then your willing todo.

BTW whatare you going to do withthe old p3 board? I need a mobo to build my next case around.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sui
uggg thats one butt ugly looking face on that case. I'd probably rip it off, weld up the holes, make it look presentable then paint. Ditch the 80mm intake fan/cage and make it into either 92 or 120mm intake. Mount the switches to the bottem near an edge so you just feel to hit them. The thing about a window along the bottem is.....what are you going to be looking at? dust?

Might be more work then your willing todo.

BTW whatare you going to do withthe old p3 board? I need a mobo to build my next case around.

Yeah just trying to spice it up a bit not go extreme with this piece of crap,For the window (if i do it) it wouldn't be directly on the bottom but just low enough to show off my vid card and what ever else is there,The p3 gut's are really shot or else i would probably let you have the board
Old 12-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sui
Ultra Techie

That's not that extreme for me, as I have access to most of the stuff needed for that, but I get what you're saying. Its about a weekend worth of work. I was saying 120mm intake just for noise control.

I didn't see you were in canada before, as shipping would be a pain, and morethen I want to pay . I want to build an alum case from the ground up, and tig weld every thing. I just want an old mobo just to get the form right, I'd prefer a burned up board, so I'm not destroying a working board. Already have a junk HD, CD drive, and pci card for this project. Thats what I'd call extreme
Old 12-28-2006, 07:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Techie

Screw it!!!

I'm just going to cheap out and put in a couple fan's,Won't really be able to see it under the desk anyway's so no use putting in a window and that,Already put a silent 80mm in the front now i just need 2 silent 120mm's for the side and top,It's going to be running 24/7 and the ol'lady will ***** and moan if there's a little light or noise she hear's at night
Old 12-28-2006, 07:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to Dexaroni Send a message via MSN to Dexaroni

Just make a basic window in the side of the case, and get a nice frosted decal of a folding protein strand. It would look sweet.

And then put some red, green, and blue EL wire around the edges of it.

I so gotta make my next case with a nice window and iced decals. And EL wire.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Techie

Buy like 9 screwdrivers, and just impale the case in random spots with it so it sticks there, nice and firm, and make sure it's not touching any hardware.

It could look pretty sweet.

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Closed Thread