Need Advice *URGENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
I've got an E2160 paired with a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L. The cpu's running on the stock Intel cooler.

Anyway, here's my problem. I've overclocked it to 3.0GHz at vcore 1.45v, seems quite stable. I'd Orthos, but don't have time and I've Orthosed before at 3.0GHz but at 1.5V. I'm selling it to a guy in an hour, I advertised it at 3.0GHz, so I can't really lower it.

Now, I'm not comfortable with having it constantly at 3.0GHz, I left all the default options in "Advanced BIOS Options", particularly the EIST so that it'll downclock to 2.0GHz when idle, only thing is, it's LOUD!! And this ain't gonna be good for the sale. I thought this'd make it quieter! I wanna quiet it down. Right now, I turned those options off and it's a constant 3.0GHz and running still a little loud, but acceptable, although I'd like it to be super quiet on idle @ 2.0GHz....

bleh, too late, the guy came and picked it up, didn't seem to bother him at all

Why would I put more money into something I'm selling? The fan runs quiet on stock settings and I wanted it to run that way when it was brought down to 2.0GHz while idle, it was obviously something wrong with the way the fan speed was syncing, and I looked in cpu-z and it was going up and down from 2 - 3 ghz by opening the least intensive programs, like calculator or something, anyway thanks for the responses. I ended up just leaving it at 3.0GHz constant

wow you sold a potentially unstable rig to someone because you "didnt have time" to test it?
if you're not comfortable with it running at 3ghz all the time, why run it at 3ghz?
tell me the buyer is a no0b enthusiast at least and not some old man or totally clueless housewife?
not to pass judgement...but shame on you, man. you cant slap something together like that and not test it properly before sending it out the door. well, i guess you can...but it's not really ethical.
ah, i see it was your own rig...probably not "slapped together" then? i hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom