Name your favorite:

I loved the ATI 2900XT's. They were really just about the last of the real beast performance race between the 2x00 and 7x00 series where power consumption was no object. I've always been a fan of ATI cards over nVidia cards, not sure why, I think it has to do with the red honestly, liked it a bit more than green.

Oh I know they were horrid, but it was when I got really into computers and started to have money to throw at parts so that was like the holy grail for me. And I guess they were against the G80 cards, not the 7x00 series (been a while ;) ) where nvidia really started to take off with the performance crown, but I was still hopeful that ATI could beat them out.

I'm not sure if I can say favorite or not, but my 2 most memorable cards were my very first build (Feb 05) which included an AGP 8x X800XL, and the card that still is in use today in my wife's machine the 8800GTS. This card went in my first build as a PCIe in Dec 07ish, when the prices finally dropped. ;)

Last edited:
Oh I know they were horrid, but it was when I got really into computers and started to have money to throw at parts so that was like the holy grail for me. And I guess they were against the G80 cards, not the 7x00 series (been a while ;) ) where nvidia really started to take off with the performance crown, but I was still hopeful that ATI could beat them out.
I have to say, the Saphire Toxic X1900XTX was my favorite ATI card ever. I tried ATI again in the 4000 series only to be disappointed against my 280s and 9800GTX+ SLI. Still, back in the day nothing made that 1900 cry for help.

After using laptops for the last couple of years, I recently decided to build myself a desktop PC again and now i'm rocking a Club3D Radeon HD 7970 RoyalKing. First time I got to play games over 90 fps :D this card won my heart, lol

Attachments

• Club-3D-Radeon-HD-7970-royalKing-3GB-GDDR5-(CGAX-7977O).jpg
    Club-3D-Radeon-HD-7970-royalKing-3GB-GDDR5-(CGAX-7977O).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 3
This is relevant:

DSCN2393.jpg

Back
Top Bottom