nagasama's first case mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
hey fellas here's pics of my first mod in progress...
fishcomputer007.jpg

raw box. ewwwwwww....dirty. this thing wasn't cleaned in the 8 years in was in operation at one of my local truck parts house.
fishcomputer010.jpg

all the guts out. lookit that nasty ****.
fishcomputer014.jpg

first hard part. AMD logo dremeled out in front case panel. it took me forever to get the edges sharp and straight. tip: triangle files are priceless for sharp corners.
fishcomputer016.jpg

second hard part. notice the lack of floppy opening. i bondo'd it. word up. i knew all that body work on my boat would come in handy some day, lol. it looks awesome.
fishcomputer017.jpg

case primed and ready to paint. i used self-etching primer and a spray gun at 35PSI to get the awesome even coat that i like.

fishcomputer020.jpg

first coats of paint on the raw case. inside is AMD green. the coating isn't on the entire inside. the mobo will cover unpainted surface, and sound-dampening mat will cover the back wall and bottom (as well as the side panels). this is the back. lol.
fishcomputer021.jpg

this is the front. lol. the hdd cage is not in, but it will be installed right under the 5.25 cage (you can see it at extreme right of picture above this one). the cages, the front and rear panels and the cross support that across the side are really all the green that will be exposed (through the window...more on that later heh heh heh). every other surface will have the sound mat over it. which is why i really only concentrated on those parts (even, multiple coats). AMD green paint is expensive, and i am running short.

hope to have more pics up today and hopefully finish project over the weekend.
off to radio shack and hobby lobby!

p.s.....this case is OLD SCHOOL....i'm talkin like SOLID steel. it laughed off my dremel. i burned up about 10 cut off wheels and an hour of my life before i said "screw this" and got my makita grinder out. i use it for grinding WELDS. it even took it a substantial time to cut through that back wall for cable management.

i wonder if i can get a sponsorship with this project. from AMD. and makita. lol. free cpus and cut off wheels for life! YAY!

Atleast Maroon didn't recommend you to do a Blue theme while on his visit

Aren't you going to comeback and show the finish goods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom