A n00bie overclocker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm well if that was your heat problem then i still dont understand the voltage thing. I have mine at 1.625 or w/e and i have a temp of 43c idle and like 50c full load. what are you using for cooling?

I have 5 80mm case fans,
1 at the front sucking cool air in onto HDD
1 on the top blowing hot air out
2 on the side sucking cool air in
1 at the rear blowing hot air out

1 on my video card at 4219rpm(i think 40-50mm)

1 HDD cooler with 2 40mmn fans

Thermaltake GOLF 325 w/ UFO 90mm twin blade HSF

Old AMD fan from original HSF on PSU sucking hot air out.

Drworm2005.

your uncle got lucky then....same reason why some peoples venices are hitting 3GHz under 1.6v and some people can't get 2.5GHz even with 1.8, it's all luck of the draw

P.P. Mguire said:
i would expect your temps to be lower then.

I think 32*C with a 2.3ghz O/C and 1.8V is a good temp it is about the same as i got while running stock 1.9ghz (28*C).

And yeah, i think ur uncle and yourself are very lucky considering the NF7-S is meant to be one of the best boards for O/Cing, well i guess i can't blame the board as it is probable the CPU which is at fault.

Drworm2005.

Drworm - what FSB and multi are you using?

PP I noticed your FSB was 200.....you said you have a 2600+ right? I don't understand how you were able to move the multi up...they are supposed to be locked on that CPU with the exception of the 2400+s before week 39

I think 32*C with a 2.3ghz O/C and 1.8V
:eek: ohh in that case ill shut up now lol. i thought you where getting 47c at idle still.
And yeah, i think ur uncle and yourself are very lucky considering the NF7-S is meant to be one of the best boards for O/Cing, well i guess i can't blame the board as it is probable the CPU which is at fault.
me and him both have Shuttle boards the AN35N ultra400. We have identical systems cept he has a 9700pro and a 120gig HD.
PP I noticed your FSB was 200.....you said you have a 2600+ right? I don't understand how you were able to move the multi up...they are supposed to be locked on that CPU with the exception of the 2400+s before week 39
I cant move my multi, i just put my fsb at 200 and it put my clock at 2.3ghz. thats one thing i hate about these cpus is the multi is locked.

Same my CPU was made in the fourth week of 04 so it is "Superlocked" but i did the same thing, bumped the FSB upto 200mhz and could only get a POST at minimal of 1.7v BSOD at 1.75v and boot into windows at 1.8v.

Although it is not stable, i have bumped the vcore upto 1.9v again and it seems to be stable (In prime95 but only running for about 15mins).

Drwom2005.

see thats where i say its wierd cause as you can see i have mine at the same speed (a tad faster actualy) and i have it at 1.65. dont you think thats wierd? cause you have to put it at 1.8 to get it to boot and 1.9 to be stable. im not following this here:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom