My W/c Setup Is Done Yayyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The water in a water cooling loop stays at a remarkably constant tempurature.

After about an hour being on the water only varies by 1-2 degrees from the hotest to the coldest point.

A shorter loop makes the pump have to push less water, and thus makes it push the water faster and more efficiently.

the temp starts at 26 degrees c, then slowly rises and stops at 36 for the cpu. gfx card starts at 30, stops at 40. It's really hard to keep short runs as this tubing is rather large and i only have one small rad to keep the loop cool. i am thinking about adding some 90 degree turns in around, like from the rad to the cpu and then from the res. to the pump.

im kinda waiting for maybe another rad or something to see if my temps will drop, they're actually the exact same as when it was cooled w/ air, so i doubt it will oc more than last time, which was 2.75 max

R1C0CH3T said:
oh snap, i just read that for my cpu block, the middle is the inlet and the one on the outside is the outlet. shoiuld i change it? it seems to be working fine right now....

Why make it the shortest possible route? Wouldn't longer just give the liquid more time to cool before it gets run back through the the waterblocks?
Simple energy fundamentals. Does it take you more work to run around a track that is a mile long, or 2 miles long? You want to pump under as little stress as possible. The only time the water is cooled is when the heat has a chance to dissipate, and naturally this is only done when it's going through the radiator. Therefore the only way for it to cool more efficently is to add a radiator with a bigger surface area, hence why you see dual and even quad fan rads.

As for the configuration of inlet/outlet, yes you do want the inlet in the middle as in that situation the water will be hitting the direct center of your core and idealling right on top of your core, and then displacing outwards. When it's off to the side, the actual contact of the water is not as strong relative to the location of the core, and it does not displace in a natural radius

alright thanks for all the help guys. i do have my swiftech storm right here, and later tonite i will be changing it for the block that is operating right now, since my conroe system wont be ready for a good while.

i know. im just going back to my vf700 for my gfx card, temps were lower. im now only focusing on cpu temp and shortening up the lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom