my underclocked p4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakta

In Runtime
As some of you remember about a year ago i got a pc with a p4 nrthwood core 2.8ghz chip, which had a fault, the multiplier was locked at 12 not 21. This meant the processor was limited to 1.6ghz. However lately i bought an asus board and it has allowed me to get to 2.8ghz by altering certain bios settings, at the moment my ram is 3200 52, fsb is 233 and my 'bus' speed is a little under 1000, my quesrtion is, how do they relate to each other, and 1000 seems awfully high, is this healthy?

the stock FSB for that processor is 200 (800mhz). Your currest FSB is 932mhz. As long as the cpu is running fine, with adequite cooling and power it will run fine.

hmmm

Thanks for the advice bud, would my cpu being a 533 have any effect? dunno like lol. Its cooled by a coolermasters aero4 lite and is about 3-35 at idle on lowest fan speed, what u guys think, crank some extra outta my baby?

On the other side i got anew pc now, athlon 64 3200, a gig of ram stuff, this p4 is just my music composition machine :) but im still after keeping it fast! I noticed the price for a 2.8ghz p4 is quite high considering you can get my 64 bit 3200 for just a little more (around £20-30 difference...) what gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom